The 10 Best Apps for Travelling in Australia
Australia is a big country, and exploring on your own can be a little intimidating. Whether you plan to stay in hostels or luxury hotels, these travel apps for Australia will make your experience seamless.
We have found some great travel apps to make your travels around Australia that much more easier, hassle-free, and a whole lot more fun!
>> Read next:
- Important tips to know before flying (+ what NOT to do on a plane)
- How to choose the best vpn for travel
- Describe the adventure with these creative travel words
- List: the best travel questions to ask
- What to do when your flight is delayed or cancelled
- 100 funny travel quotes to amuse your inner explorer
- Be safe or daring with these really weird foods around the world
- The best songs about travelling to fuel your wanderlust
- How to protect your privacy while travelling
Here’s the list of our top ten favorite Australia travel apps:
If you are on a road trip across Oz, parking can be tricky depending on where you are, but Parkhound can help with that!
In addition to the standard information about parking locations and prices, Parkhound provides you with the following:
- Occupancy rates for each location. This can help you decide where to park, especially if several options are close to your destination.
- Daily and monthly rates, depending on how long you plan to stay.
- Access to parking in many of the big cities like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide and Perth.
- Searching for parking in Adelaide city is simple; you enter the location where you will be based, and it will bring up multiple options near you. You can then sort and compare spaces based on walking time.
Finding the perfect campsite is one of the best parts of travelling in Australia, but it can also be a bit overwhelming.
Campermate is an app that makes finding a suitable campsite easy. You can search by region, type of accommodation and even activity you want to do while camping.
It’s got information on all sorts of different kinds of places: from caravan parks and tent camping sites to free camping areas and campsites for kids, couples and dogs!
3| Australia Travel Guide and Offline and Maps
This app provides offline maps and travel guides that include information on attractions, accommodations, events and more.
You simply download the maps for offline use and then search for places by name or category. You can then add places you want to visit to your personal list.
Uber is a mobile app that allows you to book and pay for your taxi ride from your phone.
You can track your driver’s progress, tip them if you like, and get a receipt for your trip. You can also rate drivers and see their ratings.
If you’re looking to save money while travelling in Australia, Airbnb is the way to go. Not only can you stay at a home rather than a hotel, but you’ll also be helping someone make some extra cash and generally have more space for less money than you’d pay for a hotel room.
Plus, if you meet some locals through your Airbnb host or guests, they may be able to give suggestions about things to do in or near the area.
6| Jetstar Australia
If you’re traveling on a Jetstar flight, the app will allow you to:
- Book flights and check-in.
- Check flight status and see when your luggage is loaded onto the plane.
- Track your bag if it’s delayed, or find out if all the checked bags for your flight have arrived at the destination airport.
- Check-in for all flights, including international ones that require passports or other forms of identification (such as fingerprint verification).
You’ll also be able to get updates from Jetstar about current delays or rebookings, receive alerts about things like changing gates, and even get boarding passes on the go, so there’s no need for paper tickets!
7| Kangaroo App For Tickets in Melbourne
The Kangaroo App for Bus, Train and Tram Tickets in Melbourne is an excellent choice if you don’t want to worry about printing tickets or to carry cash.
Instead, use the app to buy travel tickets for yourself or someone else on your phone.
The app allows you to use your phone as a bus, train or tram ticket. It’s also possible to book a ticket up to 90 days in advance. All these benefits come at no extra cost compared to buying paper tickets through the same service provider.
If you’re looking for an app to help you get around the country on public transport, TripView is a winner. It’s also free, so there’s no reason not to use it!
The app has two main functions:
- Upcoming departures and arrivals for trains and buses in Australia.
The information includes the time remaining until departure or arrival, plus where these services are headed (if a train is going from Sydney Central Station to Wollongong Central Station, for example). This can be handy if you need to know whether your bus or train will arrive in time for you. You can even see how long it will take before the last service leaves its current station or arrives at its next one.
- Live traffic cameras show congestion on highways throughout Australia.
If there’s traffic ahead of you, this feature could be helpful—it shows which roads are currently busy so travelers can avoid them if necessary.
9| Sydney Airport – Official App
The Sydney Airport – Official App is a great way to keep track of everything you need to know about your flight and the airport itself. It provides a lot of useful information, such as:
- Information on flights
- How to get there and how long will it take
- What to do when you arrive at the airport, including checking in for your flight, going through customs, picking up baggage at baggage claim, eating
Citymapper is a public transport app that shows you the best way to get from A to B, including walking and cycling options. It also includes public transport information.
This app makes getting around Australia’s cities more accessible than ever before, allowing you to plan your journey in advance and enjoy the sights on offer once you arrive.
These apps will make your travels around Australia a lot better.
You might be wondering, how will these apps make my travels around Australia a lot better?
Well, they will have access to information on where you can find accommodation, transportation, and places to eat and visit. So you can use them to plan your day or even just to know what is close by.
In addition, these apps are available for both Apple and Android devices, so no matter what phone you’re using, it will work just fine.
So, there you have it! We hope that this list of the best apps for travelling in Australia will help you make the most of your trip. Also, be sure to check out these 100 facts about Australia to know before you go.
Happy travels down under. Cheers!